Dehradun(230 Kms from New Delhi) is connected by rail, air and road is the pickup point
Trekking, Culture, Cuisine
Alpine meadows, Himalayan views, crystal lake and a taste of Gharwali cuisine
Minimum 5 days(Dehradun to Dehradun). Customizable as per needs of the guests
It is believed that celestial maidens descend to the high altitude lake of Devariyatal to partake in its natural beauty. Though we cannot confirm this legend but we can attest to its spectacular location surrounded by a dense jungle of rhododendron and oak with the towering edifice of four-horned snowy Chaukhamba rising in the distance. This amazing experience is complemented by the verdant grasslands of Chopta, the spirituality of the highest Shiva temple in the world - Tungnath and the spell-binding panoramas witnessed from the Chandrashila Peak. The trek is ideal for first-time hiking enthusiasts looking for an adventure in the Himalayas that is mild in challenge but extremely rewarding in terms of Himalayan beauty.
Day 1: Dehradun/Rishikesh - Rudraprayag - Ukhimath | Drive - 209km, 7-8hrs
Day 2: Drive to Sari village. Trek to Devariyatal | Drive - 12km, 30min, Trek - 2.5km
Day 3: Trek from Devariyatal to Rohini Bugyal. Short but steep ascent followed by walk through rhododendron jungle | Trek - 8km, 5-6hrs
Day 4: Trek from Rohini Bugyal to Chopta | Trek - 7km, 5-6hrs
Day 5: Start early morning and trek to Tunganath (3.5km). Further trekking of 1km will take one to Chandrashilla peak (4000M) with panoramic views of the Himalayas. Trek back to Chopta.
Day 6: Chopta - Rudraprayag - Dehradun/Rishikesh
- Panoramic Himalayan views of several major peaks like Chaukhamba, Mandani Parvat, Kedar Dome, Nanda Devi, Panchachuli etc.
- The Panch Kedar temple of Tungnath, the highest Shiva temple in the world, in the shadow of the mighty Himalayas.
- Relax on the banks of serene lake Devariyatal and the grasslands of Chopta.
- Sumptuous Gharwali cuisine prepared from locally sourced naturally grown ingredients.
- An insight into the rich heritage and culture of the Garhwal Himalayas that has endured for thousands of years.
- Advance Mountaineering Course certified and experienced trek leader from Uttarakhand.
- Ukhimath:- Ukhimath has several temples of religious importance and is also home to the idols of Kedarnath and Madhmaheshwar during winters.
- Deoariyatal:- Perched high in the himalayan hills and offering breathtaking views of Chaukhamba, the emrald lake of Deoria Tal is said to be the place where Pandavas were asked questions by Yaksha.
- Chopta:- The mini Switzerland of Uttarakhand, Chopta is situated among thick forests of Pine, Deodar and Rhododendrons. Serves as the starting point of trek to Tungnath.
- Tungnath:- The 1000 year old Tungnath temple is one among the Panch Kedars. It offers refreshing views of Himalayan ranges and usually receives heavy to moderate snowfall in the winters.
- Chandrashila:- Further up Tungnath at an elevation of four thousand meters, Chandrashila summit offers distinctly magnificent views of Trishul, Nanda Devi and Chaukhamba.
You May Also Like
A quiet vacation in the lap of the Himalayas complete with lip smacking food and short hikes.