Haldwani(270 Kms from New Delhi) is connected by rail, air and road is the pickup point
Home-stay, Culture, Cuisine, Heritage, Short Hikes
Homely hospitality, reconnect with nature
Weekend getaway in the Himalayas
Minimum 2 days(Haldwani to Haldwani). Customizable as per needs of the guests
The lake district of Kumaon Himalayas is home to a number of fresh-water lakes teeming with exquisite flora and fauna particularly various species of birds and butterflies. The natural beauty is complemented by the vibrant culture and cuisine of the region that is ideal for a quick weekend getaway from New Delhi. At Baaronmasa's home-stay Sarovar, we strive to combine a homely hospitality set amidst the rolling hills of the lower Himalayas with delicious local food prepared from naturally grown ingredients. Set in a five acre property that also houses the Bhimtal Folk Museum, the home-stay provides a wholesome experience comprising of connecting with nature, art, cuisine and a host of activities like paragliding, kayaking, zorbing, hiking and birding.
- Relax and rejuvenate at the beautiful lakes of Bhimtal, Sattal and Naukuchiyatal.
- Hike in the beautiful jungle from Bhimtal to Sat Tal and appreciate the variety of flora and fauna of the lake district of Uttarakhand. Hikes can also be organized around Bhimtal depending on the enthusiasm of the guests.
- Visit to folk museum and art gallery show-casing stone age paintings from various sites in India and a chance to meet renowned archaeologist, curator, painter and Padma Shree awardee Dr Yashodhar Mathpal.
- Visit to unique butterfly museum in Bhimtal
- Homestay to experience local culture, pahari cuisine and a homely hospitality.
- Kayaking, paragliding, rock climbing, rappelling can be arranged on demand.
- Sat-Tal:- A cluster of seven lakes Sat-tal boasts of emerald green lakes like panna/garud tal, nal-damayanti tal, Ram, lakshman & Sita tals, Purna tal and Sukha tal amid picturesque surroundings.
- Ghodakhal:- Literally translating into “pond for the horses” Ghodakhal is a charming place with a pious atmosphere. The temple of local deity Golu Devta stands tall at Ghodakhal which is the perfect spot to witness a surreal sunset.
- Naukuchiyatal:- The dreamy lake of Naukuchiyatal with nine corners amid dense himalayan jungle is a haven for kayaking, para-gliding and several water sports
- Folk-Museum:- Paintings, rock art and sculptures created and curated by Dr. Yashodhar Mathpal, find a place in the folk and art museum right above the homestay. A paradise for art lovers, this place has a unique charm of its own.
- Bhimtal:- The sleepy little lake town of Bhimtal comes as a surprise for nature lovers who want to move away from the hustle and bustle of cities. Paragliding and activities like zorbing are a must do for adventure lovers who visit Bhimtal.
You May Also Like
A quiet vacation in the lap of the Himalayas complete with lip smacking food and short hikes.